Sunday, May 15, 2011

Juiced Post 2

As I continue to read Juiced by Jose Canseco, I continue to read more things that I already knew but I also read thing that I have not learned before. In the recent chapters Canseco has talked about something that I had to do a lot of research on for my senior project in english, and that is BALCO. BALCO stands for Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operatvie. BALCO, founded in 1984 by Victor Conte, was originally used to make sure that athletes mainted the right vitamin and mineral count by using blood and urine test. Conte discovered that he could create a steroid that was undetectable by drug tests. BALCO began distributing steroids to many high profile ahtletes including Barry Bonds and Jason Giambi. This was talked about by Canseco in Juiced. The raid of BALCO in 2003 was also described in the book. The book is really heating up because this is when he comes out and says that both Jason Giambi and Barry Bonds took steroids, both are not shocking but allegations they are. These allegations led to them appearing in court and so-on, we all know what is going on with Barry Bonds. I am going to read a few more chapters and then I'll get back to the blog, I will make one more post to conclude the book, and then I will be done with senior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment