Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Juiced post 1

Juiced is a book that written by Jose Canseco that came out in 2005. It led to the huge drama about steroids in baseball. To go along with my issues class topic, and for all of the doubters in my class, Jose Canseco goes ahead in the first few chapters to talk about this specific topic; "One of Juiced's central precepts is that steroid use is not in fact a bad thing, as long as the person is being monitored by a physician, and the dosages are small". In class today, during my presentation I had specific questions regarding this specific issue, including Mr. Kramer asking me a question about it as he went on to rip my presentation to shreads. From the mouth of Steroid Expert, Jose Canseco, "steroids can not only improve the game of baseball, but also improve and lengthen our lives". He also argues that steroid myths are false and that they can help you recover from injury quicker. So for all the haters out there who were not sold by my presentation, you should be sold if you read Juiced. The first few chapters mostly deal with his life before he got into steroids, about how he got caught up in all of the fame. I cannot wait to see what I read next, I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment